Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for McAfee
- Logon to control console
- Click email protection > setup
- Click DKIM setup
- Click Generate keys to get the hostname and public key which you have to publish on your DNS
Alternatively, if you are using your own servers to send emails instead of McAfee’s, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for McAfee
After you get your public key from McAfee’s support team or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes