Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for SchoolMessenger:
1. To configure DKIM for SchoolMessenger, add the following CNAME record
Value: CNAME spe1._domainkey.spe.schoolmessenger.com
2. Publish the CNAME record on your DNS
3. Please let SchoolMessenger solutions support know once the DNS changes have been made
Alternatively, if you are using your own servers to send emails instead of SchoolMessenger, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for SchoolMessenger:
After you get your public key from SchoolMessenger or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes
Lookup and validate the published DKIM DNS record using our free DKIM record lookup tool. Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!