Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for Datamotion:
- Login in to the SecureMail portal as the administrative user and click on Administrative tools>DKIM management
- Fill the required fields (domain name, selector value) and save it to generate the public key
- A example of DNS TXT records for DKIM
Alternatively, if you are using your own servers to send emails instead of Datamotion, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for Datamotion:
After you get your public key from Datamotion or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes