Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for SmartSurvey
Adding a Custom Domain on SmartSurvey
- Login to your SmartSurvey account
- In the Account drop-down menu select My Account
- On the left-hand side menu bar, select Custom Domain
- Enter the (sub)domain name and click Add Domain
- SmartSurvey requires you to set up a CNAME record on the DNS of your custom domain to point to the "answer" value that is provided (customdomain.smartsurvey.co.uk)
- Once the CNAME is in place, click the “Check CNAME” button to verify
Where can you find you SmartSurvey DKIM record?
- On your SmartSurvey account, go to Account > My Account > Email Sender Settings
- Here you will find instructions on what needs to be added to your domain as a TXT record.
Publishing your DKIM public key for SmartSurvey
After you get your public key from SmartSurvey:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Copy and paste the hostname and value