Enabling DKIM signing for your domains on Combell can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for Combell
Contact the Combell support team to get your DKIM keys and enable DKIM authentication for your domains. Combell’s support will hand you over a DKIM key pair that will contain:
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by Combell to sign your outgoing emails, that is to be uploaded on their webserver
Alternatively, if you are using your own domains (not hosted at Combell) to send emails to your clients, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for Combell
After you get your public key:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes