Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for 20i
- Head to Manage Hosting and 'Manage' the package you want to add a DKIM record.
- Select the DomainKeys icon.
Firstly, we'll explain how to add a simple DKIM record to your DNS.
- Ensure you’ve selected the domain you want to add the DKIM record-to.
- Add a Selector. This can be any value or name you like. It’s simply a field to identify the DKIM record.
- Then select Add Signature.
- If your nameservers are with 20i, we’ll automatically add the correct TXT record for you.
The signature will be added immediately to emails sent from the mailboxes under the domain selected. We will have automatically added a DNS record to Manage DNS. You may wish to wait for this to resolve for DKIM to be effective.
From here you’re all done: your emails will use DKIM as a method to authenticate email.
Alternatively, if you are using your own servers to send emails instead of AppRiver’s, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.