Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for Dialog Insight
Contact your Dialog Insight support team to get your DKIM keys and enable DKIM authentication for your domains. Dialog Insight’s support will hand you over a DKIM key pair that will contain:
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by AppRiver to sign your outgoing emails, that is to be uploaded on their web server
Please note that the steps below should be performed by an IT team.
Here are the steps to set up DKIM signatures for your domains:
1. List all domains that will be used as the sender address in your emails (for example: “yourcompany.com”.
2. Go to Account Management, in the Organization section under Domain Management/Validated Domains to add your domain and validate it. You will then need to create the DNS entries on your server that were provided at validation.
3. Once the domain is validated, add it to the list under Sender Domains. Click on the “DKIM signature” button and make the requested entries. You will then be able to validate them on the interface.
4. Once you have completed the above steps you will then get a system validation if the DNS entries are correctly configured. From that moment on, you will be able to use this sender domain to send your emails.
Alternatively, if you are using your own servers to send emails instead of AppRiver’s, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Lookup and validate the published DKIM DNS record using our free DKIM record lookup tool. Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!