Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for Delivra
Contact your Delivra support team to get your DKIM keys and enable DKIM authentication for your domains. Delivra’s support will hand you over a DKIM key pair that will contain:
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by AppRiver to sign your outgoing emails, that is to be uploaded on their web server
- In your ESP account, click on Settings icon at the top right, then Account Management, then Domain Keys.
- On the Domain Keys page, click the yellow “Create Domain Key” button.
- Enter domain name, select key size, click ‘OK’.
- Hover over the new record and click the blue ‘View’ button on the right
- Copy and send the Domain Name, DKIM TXT Record Address, and DNS TXT Record values to the individual who manages your DNS records (likely your IT department) to publish the record.
- Enable signing once your DNS Manager has published the records.
- Click on Settings icon at the top right, then Account Management, then Domain Keys.
- Hover over your domain’s record, click the drop-down arrow next to ‘View’ and click ‘Enable Signing’.
Alternatively, if you are using your own servers to send emails instead of Delivra’s, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for Delivra
After you get your public key from Delivra’s support team or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes
Publishing Authentication may take up to 48 hours to propagate the internet. To verify the DKIM and SPF records have been setup properly, your ESP offers visible check points when creating a new campaign.
How-to verify SPF and DKIM are setup:
- Navigate to the Campaigns dashboard.
- Click “Create New Campaign” button.
- Select your “Sender Name and Address” on the right column.
- Next to the Sender Name and Address you will see green indicators.