Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for Makesbridge
To set up DKIM for custom domains, follow these steps
1. Contact the support team firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Provide them with the following information
- The FROM email address
- Company name and your Makesbridge User ID
- Please enter “DKIM key generation request” in the subject line
3. You will be sent the DKIM key within 24-48 hours once the DKIM key request is sent from your side.
4. You will need to publish this key on your DNS
5. Once you are done adding the record, send an email to email@example.com for verification
Alternatively, if you are using your own servers to send emails instead of Makesbridge, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for Makesbridge
After you get your public key from Makesbridge’s support team or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes