Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for Datto Autotask
- Login to autotask account
- Navigate to the domain settings page and click authentication details.
- In the domain authentication, you will be able to see the CNAME records that needs to be published on your DNS
- After the DKIM settings are entered into the DNS, click Authenticate domain
- You will receive an email if the authentication is successful
Alternatively, if you are using your own servers to send emails instead of Autotask, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for Autotask
After you get your public key from Autotask’s account or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes
Lookup and validate the published DKIM DNS record using our free DKIM record lookup tool. Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!