Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for Mailpoet
Mailpoet supports DKIM signing for custom domains. Here are steps to setup DKIM
- Login to Maipoet account
- Navigate to sender domains> enter your domain name
- You will be receiving the three DNS records which you need to publish on your DNS
- Once the DNS records are added, click the ‘ Verify DNS records button.
Alternatively, if you are using your own servers to send emails instead of Mailpoet, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for Mailpoet
After you get your public key from Mailpoet’s account or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes
Lookup and validate the published DKIM DNS record using our free DKIM record lookup tool. Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!