Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for Hostinger
Hostinger automatically adds the DKIM records, a DKIM key pair will contains:
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by Hostinger to sign your outgoing emails, that is to be uploaded on their web server
However to manually add your DKIM records, please follow these steps:
1. To set up new Email Accounts, log into your web hosting account and click on the Manage button next to your domain name. From there, select Email Accounts under the Emails section.
2. Fill out the form under Create a New Email Account, then click the Create button.
3. All domain names pointed to Hostinger will have the DKIM CNAME records in the DNS Zone Editor as Hostinger will automatically add DKIM records to your email account.
4. If Hostinger didn’t create the records automatically, then it is possible to add records manually. On the DNS Zone Editor, there is a section under Manage DNS records. DKIM records’ details include:
5. Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes
Alternatively, if you are using your own servers to send emails instead of AppRiver’s, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.