Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for InTouch CRM
Contact your InTouch CRM support team to get your DKIM keys and enable DKIM authentication for your domains. InTouch CRM’s support will hand you over a DKIM key pair that will contain:
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by InTouch CRM to sign your outgoing emails, that is to be uploaded on their webserver
To set up DKIM for InTouch CRM, you need to add two new CNAME records
key1._domainkey.yourdomain.com CNAME key1.yourcrm.co.uk
key2._domainkey.yourdomain.com CNAME key2.yourcrm.co.uk
Note: replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name.
Publishing your DKIM public key for InTouch CRM
After you get your public key from InTouch CRM’s support team or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create 2 separate CNAME records
- Copy and paste the hostnames and values
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes