Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for FreeAgent
- Login to your FreeAgent account
- Click on 'Settings' from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner of your dashboard
- Click on the 'Sending Emails' tab
- On the ‘Sending Emails’ page, select the ‘Custom Email Domain’ tab and click on ‘Add a Custom Email Domain’
- Select the domain for which you want to enable DKIM from the drop-down menu and click on ‘Next step’
- On the Step 2 screen you can now view your DKIM DNS records (the public key) which you need to publish on your DNS
Publishing your DKIM public key for FreeAgent
After you get your public key from FreeAgent:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes
Lookup and validate the published DKIM DNS record using our free DKIM record lookup tool. Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!