Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Acyba / AcyMailing does support and recommends DKIM authentication for your domains. If you use your own mail servers or server outside of AcyMailing to send your emails, AcyMailing recommends that you don’t configure AcyMailing’s DKIM signature in that case and take it up with your server’s hosting provider.
However, if you use AcyMailing’s servers to send your emails, you need to enable DKIM for the same. During your AcyMailing installation process, you will be handed over your DKIM public key to publish on your DNS, to activate the protocol.
Publishing your DKIM public key for Acyba / AcyMailing
After you get your public key from Acyba / AcyMailing:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes