- The intended FROM address you want to configure on Splash to send emails from, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- An unused and unique subdomain
- Discuss if your IT team will handle auto-forwarding direct replies to emails sent from Splash or if you would like Splash to manage it
- If you want Splash to manage your direct replies note that they only auto-forward for email addresses using subdomains that aren't currently being used as websites
Splash will generate DKIM records for you that you will need to add to your DNS.
Publishing your DKIM public key for Splash
After you get your public key from Splash’s support team:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes
After you publish the records on your DNS, Splash will complete your DKIM authentication setup.