Enabling DKIM signing for your domains can help you keep your email content intact throughout the delivery process, barring threat actors from accessing and altering your emails. This helps preserve your identity and eradicate spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for WP Engine
A DKIM key pair that will contain:
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by WP Engine to sign your outgoing emails, that is to be uploaded on their webserver
As WP Engine does not host your email records, our Support team cannot assist you in this process. You can instead generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for WP Engine
After you get your DKIM entries generated:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a TXT record
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes