DKIM allows the receiver to check that an email claimed to have come from a specific domain was indeed authorized by the owner of that domain. It is based on public-key cryptography, using the domain's private key to sign the header and the message itself, and can be authenticated using a digital signature.
Locating DKIM records for Groove HQ
- Login to your Groove HQ account and click the cog on the left-hand side menu bar to display Settings. Click on Settings.
- On your Settings tab, scroll down to the Conversations section
- Find Mailboxes under Conversations and select the mailbox for which you want to find your CNAME records
- Once selected you would be redirected to the mailbox configuration page where you can find your CNAME records
Note: Shown above is are example CNAME records, please replace them with ones you find for your own mailbox.
Adding Groove HQ DKIM records to your DNS
- Access your DNS management console
- Create 3 CNAME records pointing to your Groove host and add them individually
Record type: CNAME
Host: Copy-paste the value under the “Host” fields for respective records as given on your mailbox configuration page.
Points to: The Groove SMTP server addresses mentioned under the “Value” fields for respective records as given on your mailbox configuration page.
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes