DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method of verifying that the senders of messages are authorized. Specifically, it verifies that outgoing emails are from the source they appear to be from, and have not been altered during transit.
Creating DKIM Record for Seeweb
A DKIM key pair that will contain:
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by Seeweb to sign your outgoing emails, that is to be uploaded on their webserver
If you are using your own domains registered on Seeweb to send emails to your clients, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for Seeweb
After you get your public key:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section for your individual domains
- Create a TXT record
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes