DKIM (short for “DomainKeys Identified Mail”) is a system that uses digital signatures to vouch for the authenticity of messages sent and received by your domain. This helps prevent email spoofing and makes sure any message received is from the sender list.
Setting Up DKIM for CleverReach
If you are a CleverReach customer who uses their internal servers to send your emails, then you don’t need to manually configure DKIM as CleverReach has got you covered! All outgoing emails from CleverReach are automatically signed with DKIM encryption keys.
However, if you want to send emails from your own domain, you need to set up DKIM for your sending domains to authenticate your emails.
To set up DKIM on CleverReach:
- Add your new sending domain to your CleverReach account
- Navigate to My Account > Settings > DKIM
- CleverReach auto-generates your DKIM DNS TXT record for your added domains.
The selector is by default set as s=default, however you can configure a selector of your choice.
- To view your DKIM key click on the “i” icon adjacent to the added domain on CleverReach
- Finally, add the DKIM DNS entry to your domain’s DNS (if you don’t have access to your DNS contact your provider to do this step for you)
Want to ensure that your your DKIM record is effor-free? Check it now using our free DKIM record lookup tool. Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!