DKIM uses a private/public key pair to digitally sign each email message that you send out through your service provider so that the destination mail server can verify that the domain information hasn‘t been tampered with during transit.
Creating DKIM Record for Cvent-planner
Contact your Cvent-planner support team to get your DKIM keys and enable DKIM authentication for your domains. Cvent-planner’s support will hand you over a DKIM key pair that will contain:
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by Cvent-planner to sign your outgoing emails, that is to be uploaded on their webserver
Alternatively, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for Cvent-planner
After you get your public key from Cvent-planner’s support team or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section for your individual domains
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes
Lookup and validate the published DKIM DNS record using our free DKIM record lookup tool. Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!