Want email communication that announces your true identity? Use DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) signing on your domain names. This helps you appear as a legitimate sender to any recipient, and can help stop spam and phishing attacks.
Creating DKIM Record for TRP (The Retention People)
Contact your TRP support team to get your DKIM keys and enable DKIM authentication for your domains. TRP’s support will hand you over a DKIM key pair that will contain:
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by TRP to sign your outgoing emails, that is to be uploaded on their webserver
Alternatively, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for TRP
After you get your public key from TRP’s support team or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section for your individual domains
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes