DKIM is a form of email authentication that allows an organization to claim responsibility for a message in a way that can be validated by the recipient. With DKIM, an organization designates what domains it is responsible for, and signs each outbound email using digital signatures.
Creating DKIM Record for OVH
Contact your OVH support team to get your DKIM keys and enable DKIM authentication for your domains. OVH’s support will hand you over a DKIM key pair that will contain
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by OVH to sign your outgoing emails, that is to be uploaded on their webserver
Alternatively, you can generate your DKIM key pair using our free DKIM record generator tool.
Publishing your DKIM public key for OVH
After you get your public key from OVH’s support team or generate it online:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section for your individual domains
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes