The DKIM signature makes it possible for the receiving mail server to compare the "hash value" of the message body against its own locally-stored copy of the domain's DKIM signature. If they are identical, then the message is considered to be legitimate.
Creating DKIM Record for Addemar
Use our free DKIM record generator to create your DKIM key pair instantly for your domain on Addemar. The pair will contain:
- A DKIM public key: to be published in your public-facing DNS
- A DKIM private key: used by Addemar to sign your outgoing emails
Publishing your DKIM public key for Addemar
After you get your public key from Addemar’s support team:
- Login to your DNS provider’s management console as the admin
- Navigate to the DNS records section for your individual domains
- Create a TXT or CNAME record depending on the type of DKIM record provided to you
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes
Lookup and validate the published DKIM DNS record using our free DKIM record lookup tool. Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!