DKIM can be an effective measure that domain owners can configure to ensure email content remains unchanged throughout the journey from the sender to the receiver. This is done through encryption and is especially useful during email forwarding and mail listing practices.
Adding a Sending Domain on Customer.io
- Login to your Customer.io account as the admin
- Navigate to and click on Settings > Workspace Settings.
- Select Email Settings > Add Sending Domain.
- Enter the Domain, Display Name, and Email Address that you want to send messages from, and click on Add Domain.
Enabling DKIM Authentication
To set up basic authentication for Customer.io, you’ll need to add four DNS records at your DNS hosting provider’s control panel for the domains you wish to use while sending emails from using your Customer.io account.
- 2 mx records
- An SPF record
- A DKIM public key provided by Customer.io
- Verify your sending domain from the Email page