Signing your emails with DKIM will not only help you verify your sending sources but can also help in authentication during email forwarding when SPF fails. In order to ensure that emails sent from eRecruiter are signed with DKIM keys, follow the steps shown below.
You will have to create a DKIM public and private key before publishing it through your DNS. For creating the DKIM key pair you can use this free DKIM key generator.
Publishing DKIM key through DNS:
- Log in to your DNS management console
- Create a TXT record in your DNS with the title : ._domainkey. for example: s1._domainkey.yourdomainname.com
- In the section allotted for the TXT record value, paste the copied contents of the DKIM public key (The DKIM key pair needs to be generated using a DKIM key generator)
- Click Save.
Note: You will have to provide the following information to eRecruiter after DNS settings are completed :
- Private key
- Domain name
- DKIM selector
- the algorithm to use (either RSA SHA256 or ED25519 SHA256)
- Lookup and validate the published DKIM DNS record using this free DKIM record lookup tool
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!