Hosted Email Security supports DKIM signing for all outgoing messages from a specific domain. Recipients can verify that the email messages from the domain are authorized by the domain's administrator and that the messages, including attachments, have not been modified during transport. To enable DKIM signing for TrendMicro HES, follow these steps:
To enable DKIM signing for Selected Domain:
- Go to DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signing in Outbound Protection.
- Click on the Add button.
- Select a specific sender domain from the Domain name drop-down list in the. Add DKIM Signing Settings screen
- Click on Enable DKIM signing.
- Configure general settings for DKIM signing.
- SDID: select a signing domain identifier from the drop-down list.
- Selector: selector to subdivide key namespace. Retain the default value.
- Headers to sign: select one or multiple headers to sign and customize more headers if necessary.
- Wait time: specify how long it takes for a key pair to take effect. Hosted Email Security starts to count the wait time once it finds the public key in the DNS.
- Key pair: click Generate to generate a key pair
- Copy the generated DNS record to your clipboard.
Publishing DKIM record in DNS:
- Log in to your DNS management console
- Create a TXT record in your DNS with the title : ._domainkey. for example: s1._domainkey.yourdomainname.com
- In the section allotted for the TXT record value, paste the copied contents of the DKIM public key.
- Click Save
- Lookup and validate the published DKIM DNS record using this free DKIM record lookup tool
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!