An SPF record can save your domain from spam and phishing by allowing you to keep a record of your authorized sources. Suresupport highly recommends their customers set up SPF for their respective domains. Here’s how you do it:
Creating SPF record for Suresupport
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Suresupport :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Suresupport will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:SERVERNAME.smtp-spf.sureserver.com -all
- The Server name would be the host name of the particular server your hosting account is on.
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Suresupport. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Suresupport, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com -all
Modified SPF record:v=spf1 include:SERVERNAME.smtp-spf.sureserver.com -all
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes