An SPF record can save your domain from spam and phishing by allowing you to keep a record of your authorized sources. WorldAPP highly recommends their customers set up SPF for their respective domains. Here’s how you do it:
Creating SPF record for WorldAPP
Here are the steps to set up SPF for WorldAPP :
- Login to your WorldAPP account and navigate to security settings.
- Find the registered email domains section and click add email domain button.
- Type your domain name
- Form system will generate the SPF record that will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:wappmail.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using worldAPP. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include worldAPP, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com include:wappmail.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes