SPF is an email validation system that lets you protect your domain from spoofing by verifying the IP address of incoming mail servers. DoneDone highly recommends and supports SPF configuration for its customers.
Creating SPF record for DoneDone
Here are the steps to set up SPF for DoneDone :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for DoneDone will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_public_spf.mydonedone.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using DoneDone. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include DoneDone, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com -all
Modified SPF record:
v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com include:_public_spf.mydonedone.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes
Finally, you can look up your record using our SPF record lookup tool, and enable DMARC for your domains: take a DMARC trial.