To help prevent email spoofing and phishing, enable the SPF (Sender Policy Framework) for your domains. This will require other internet mail servers to check if your domain is listed in our SPF record. If you have any questions or concerns, check what is SPF now.
Creating an SPF record for Blackboard
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Blackboard :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Blackboard will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.bbnotify.net -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Blackboard. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Blackboard, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com include:_spf.bbnotify.net -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes