By enabling SPF, you are telling the world that you expect only to receive email from servers that are listed in your domain's SPF record.
Creating SPF record for Oracle RightNow
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Oracle RightNow :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Oracle RightNow will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:rnmk.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Oracle RightNow. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Oracle RightNow, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com include:rnmk.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes