SPF is an email validation system designed to detect email spoofing. SPF records specify which hosts are permitted to send emails on behalf of your domain, preventing email address forgery. DANAConnect recommends that you configure the protocol as without it emails sent from DANAConnect on your behalf may be marked as SPAM by your customer's email servers.
Creating SPF record for DANAConnect
Here are the steps to set up SPF for DANAConnect :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for DANAConnect will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.email-platform.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using DANAConnect. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include DANAConnect, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:_spf.email-platform.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes