Anti-spoofing protection is a good idea for sites with high volume. By checking SPF records, mail servers can reject any email from the site that does not list your listed IPs in its SPF record. Security itself comes at a cost, but it is a relatively small one when compared to the losses sustained by an illicit spam campaign. However, configuring the protocol is completely free!
Creating SPF record for Infomaniak
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Infomaniak :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Infomaniak will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:spf.infomaniak.ch -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Infomaniak. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Infomaniak, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:spf.infomaniak.ch -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes
Finally, you can look up your record using our SPF record lookup tool, and enable DMARC for your domains: take a DMARC trial.