SPF records or Sender Policy Framework is a mechanism, specified in RFC 4408, to combat email spam, by permitting only authorized servers to send emails on behalf of your domain.
Creating SPF record for Cvent-planner
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Cvent-planner :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Cvent-planner will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:cvent-planner.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Cvent-planner. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Cvent-planner, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:cvent-planner.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes