SPF records or Sender Policy Framework is a mechanism, specified in RFC 4408, to combat email spam, by permitting only authorized servers to send emails on behalf of your domain.
Creating SPF record for Cvent-planner
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Cvent-planner :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Cvent-planner will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:cvent-planner.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Cvent-planner. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Cvent-planner, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:cvent-planner.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes
Finally, you can look up your record using our SPF record lookup tool, and enable DMARC for your domains: take a DMARC trial.