An SPF record is a text record that is a preliminary step towards increasing your email’s security. It allows you to define IPs that are authorized to send emails on your behalf, helping you stop illegitimate and fake sources.
Creating SPF record for Influitive
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Influitive :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Influitive will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:email.influitive.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Influitive. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Influitive, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:email.influitive.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes