SPF is an email verification protocol that enables you to authenticate your email messages to distinguish between real and fake sending sources. Mystic Beasts recommends that you enable SPF for your domains.
Creating SPF record for Mythic Beasts
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Mythic Beasts :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Mythic Beasts will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.mythic-beasts.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Mythic Beasts. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Mythic Beasts, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:_spf.mythic-beasts.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes