SPF helps prevent client-side email spoofing, the use of forged headers to impersonate a sender. Without an SPF, recipients cannot verify that incoming email is from you.
Creating SPF record for Addemar
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Addemar :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Addemar will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:spf.addemar.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Addemar. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Addemar, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:spf.addemar.com -all