With SPF, your domain name is protected as long as it is hosted on a server that has the SPF record set up. This ensures that when a recipient reads from their outgoing email server, they can verify that the email came from you and not a spoofing server.
Creating SPF record for BombBomb
Here are the steps to set up SPF for BombBomb :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for BombBomb will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:bbemaildelivery.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using BombBomb. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include BombBomb, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:bbemaildelivery.com -all