SPF is an email authentication method that verifies the source of email messages, preventing illegitimate senders from sending messages on your domain's behalf. To enable SPF, you must add the records linked with your email address and identify.
Creating SPF record for Blackbaud
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Blackbaud :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
Note: The include mechanism that you need to incorporate in your SPF record in order to specify Blackbaud as an authentic sending source is dependent on the product you use. Please find yours from the list given below:
- Altru, BBNC, BBIS, eTapestry Basic Mass Email, Education Management, OLX, and Raiser's Edge NXT: include:outboundmail.blackbaud.net
- Luminate Online: include:outboundmail.convio.net
- Blackbaud Award Management and Blackbaud Stewardship Management: include:_spf.academicworks.com
- eTapestry Advanced Mass Email: include:ne16.com
- An SPF TXT record for Blackbaud will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:outboundmail.blackbaud.net -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Blackbaud. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Blackbaud, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mxinclude:outboundmail.blackbaud.net -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes
Finally, you can look up your record using our SPF record lookup tool, and enable DMARC for your domains: take a DMARC trial.