The need for enabling SPF for Rackspace lies in the fact that unless you specify Infusionsoft as your legitimate sending source, emails sent using it will fail SPF authentication on the receivers’ end. In order to ensure email deliverability, learn how to configure SPF authentication.
Creating an SPF Record for Rackspace
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Rackspace :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Rackspace will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:emailsrvr.com ~all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Rackspace. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Rackspace, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:emailsrvr.com ~all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes