An SPF record can save your domain from spam and phishing by allowing you to keep a record of your authorized sources. Omnisend highly recommends their customers set up SPF for their respective domains. Here’s how you do it:
Check your current domain setup
- To check whether you are using a shared or dedicated domain, go to your Store settings -> Settings and check if you see Sender's domain option.
- You will see if you have custom domains assigned, or if there are no custom domains added yet.
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes
Custom domain setup process
- You will find Sender’s domain settings in Store settings > Settings > Sender’s domains:
- In order to sign your own domain, click + Add domain button:
- Provide the exact domain (or sub-domain) that you want to use for your Campaigns and/or Automation.
- When the domain (or sub-domain) is added, simply proceed by clicking the Continue to authentication button.
On the Domain authentication page, you will be provided with the records that you need to add to the settings page of your DNS provider.
SPF : Create a TXT record for your domain (example.com) with the following value contact your Omnisend support to generate it for you:
Value: v=spf1 include:mailgun.org ~all
Save changes to your record and wait for 48-72 hours for your DNS to process these changes