An SPF record can save your domain from spam and phishing by allowing you to keep a record of your authorized sources. Alibaba Cloud highly recommends their customers set up SPF for their respective domains. Here’s how you do it:
Creating SPF record for Alibaba Cloud
Contact Alibaba Cloud support to enquire about their SPF record (their SPF-handling domain or IP addresses of their outbound email servers).
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Alibaba Cloud. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Alibaba Cloud.
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes