An SPF record can save your domain from spam and phishing by allowing you to keep a record of your authorized sources. Freemius highly recommends their customers set up SPF for their respective domains.
Freemius uses SendGrid servers for their email transactions. Hence to configure SPF for Freemius, you need to include SendGrid in your domain’s SPF record.
Creating SPF record for Freemius
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Freemius :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Freemius will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:sendgrid.net -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Freemius. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Freemius, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com include:sendgrid.net -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes
Finally, you can look up your record using our SPF record lookup tool, and enable DMARC for your domains to minimize spoofing attacks by taking a free DMARC trial.