When you enable SPF, mail servers are required to check if your domain is listed in the SPF record. If so, the recipient's email server will accept incoming mail from your server. You can add multiple email addresses to one SPF entry to aid in anti-spoofing campaigns.
Creating SPF record for Exabytes
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Exabytes :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Exabytes will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:spf.mschosting.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Exabytes. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Exabytes, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:spf.mschosting.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes