Ensure that your emails are not considered spam by other mail servers when sending emails from your website. SPF records help to specify a list of authorized SMTP servers for a domain. When other mail servers receive an email from a server that is not specified on the SPF list, then they will recognize it as spam.
Creating SPF record for emBlue
Here are the steps to set up SPF for emBlue :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for emBlue will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.embluemail.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using emBlue. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include emBlue, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:_spf.embluemail.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes