Sender Policy Framework is an essential addition to your email’s security suite if you have decided to take information security more seriously. KingHost recommends that you configure an SPF record following the steps shown below:
Creating an SPF record for KingHost?
Pior to SPF setup, you need to confirm your Domain ownership on Kinghost. Read KingHost’s Guide by scrolling down to the Domain Ownership Verification section in the article.
- Login to your KingHost account and navigate to view your email marketing dashboard
- Select the administration tab underneath the Profile icon, then click on the Summary tab
- This will open up your DNS settings
- From your DNS settings columns, you can view your SPF record settings
- Click on the link under SPF to view your SPF record. An SPF TXT record for KingHost will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.kinghost.net ~all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using KingHost. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include KingHost, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx ~all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:_spf.kinghost.net ~all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes
Note: If you are a reseller with a DNS hosting registration, kindly replace the include mechanism for SPF with include:_spf.uni5.net