SPF makes sure your email servers are required to check if your domain is listed in the SPF record. The recipient's email server will accept incoming mail from your server only if the sending domain(or IP) is located by the receiving MTA in your SPF DNS record.
Creating SPF record for Adestra
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Adestra :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Adestra will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:msgfocus.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Adestra. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Adestra, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 a mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 a mx include:msgfocus.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes