If you want your legitimate emails sent from BigCommerce to not fail SPF authentication on the receiver’s side, you need to set it up for your domains on the platform. Read more to learn how!
Creating SPF record for BigCommerce
Here are the steps to set up SPF for BigCommerce :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for BigCommerce will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.bigcommerce.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using BigCommerce. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include BigCommerce, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:_spf.bigcommerce.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes