SPF will help you mitigate impersonation, reduce spam and improve the deliverability of your emails. To authorize Clever Elements as your authorized sending source, you will have to add a simple include mechanism for it.
Creating SPF record for Clever Elements
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Clever Elements :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Clever Elements will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:cemsc.net -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Clever Elements. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Clever Elements, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:cemsc.net -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes